This version of Gedeo crystal resin is a casting resin for making coloured and transparent casts of small or flat objects and for coatings up to 50 mm thick. It can also be used for pouring into small moulds to make small objects. For making transparent castings that are also clear (colourless) the GEDEO Crystal resin, transparent should be used.
Processing: All the available colours of this casting resin can be mixed together, including the colourless version. Put 1 part of hardener B in a clean, dry container, then add 2 parts of resin A. The two components must be carefully but thoroughly stirred and mixed (note: if the components are not completely mixed together the hardening will be impaired while too aggressive stirring of the mixture will cause bubbles to form). The properly mixed components are then poured into a second container and stirred once again in order to assure a homogenous resin that will be optimally hardened. After pouring this mixture into a mould, the resin must be allowed to dry while being protected against dust and dirt for 24 hours until it has completely hardened. In order to produce a highly glossy surface, your demoulded objects can be treated with the Gedeo gloss + varnish or simply coated with the colourless crystal resin. When working with either Gedeo crystal resin it is important to wear protective gloves and to avoid any contact with your skin or eyes.
Tip: in order to determine the exact amount of resin required for your job, you can fill your intended mould with water and then pour that amount into a measuring cup: the amount of hardener will then be one-third of the amount of water and the resin of course two-thirds!
Danger, BISPHENOL-A-EPICHLORHYDRINHARZE MIT DURCHSCHNITTLICHEM MOLEKULARGEWICHT <= 700 = 50 <= < 100 %, BISPHÉNOL-F-ÉPICHLORHYDRINE, RÉSINE ÉPOXYDIQUES (POIDS MOLÉCULAIRE MOYEN < 700) = 25 <= < 50 %, C13/C15-ALKYLGLYCIDULETHE = 10 <= < 25 %, TOLUÈNE-4-SULFONATE DE MÉTHYLE = 2,5 <= < 10 %, (VOC-Gehalt = 0,0 %), TRUC = 50 <= < 100 %, ALKYLETHER POLYAMINES = = 10 <= < 25 %, Reizwirkung auf die Haut, Kategorie 2 (Skin Irrit. 2), Augenreizung, Kategorie 2 (Eye Irrit. 2), Sensibilisierung der Haut, Kategorie 1 (Skin Sens. 1), Chronisch gewässergefährdend, Kategorie 2 (Aquatic Chronic 2), Akuter oraler Toxizität, Kategorie 4 (Acute Tox. 4), Akuter dermaler Toxizität, Kategorie 4 (Acute Tox. 4), Ätz- auf die Haut, Kategorie 1B (Skin Corr. 1B), Chronisch gewässergefährdend, Kategorie 3 (Aquatic Chronic 3)
- EUH205: Contains epoxy constituents. May produce an allergic reaction.
- H315: Causes skin irritation.
- H317: May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H319: Causes serious eye irritation.
- H411: Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- H302+H312: Harmful if swallowed or in contact with skin.
- H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H412: Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P101: If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102: Keep out of reach of children.
- P261: Avoid breathing dust / fume / gas / mist / vapours / spray.
- P272: Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace.
- P280: Wear protective gloves / protective clothing / eye protection / face protection.
- P321: Specific treatment (see … on this label).
- P337+P313: If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice / attention.
- P362+P364: Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
- P501: Dispose of contents / container to …
- P260: Do not breathe dust / fume / gas / mist / vapours / spray.
- P301+P330+P331: IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353: IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310: Immediately call a POISON CENTER / doctor / …
- P361+P364: Take off immediately all contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
- P405: Store locked up.