Gedeo crystal resin is a casting resin for making highly transparent casts of small or flat objects and for creating coatings up to 50 mm thick. It can also be poured into small moulds to make small objects. Surfaces that lend themselves to being coated include wood, metal, plastic, silicone, stone and varnished wood. If you desire a coloured and transparent casting you can use the Pebeo Vitrail glass paint, transparent.
Processing: Put 1 part of hardener B in a clean, dry container, then add 2 parts of resin A. The two components must be carefully but thoroughly stirred and mixed (note: if the components are not completely mixed together the hardening will be impaired while too aggressive stirring of the mixture will cause bubbles to form). The properly mixed components are then poured into a second container and stirred once again in order to assure a homogenous resin that will be optimally hardened. After pouring this mixture into a mould, the resin must be allowed to dry while being protected against dust and dirt for 24 hours until it has completely hardened. When working with Gedeo crystal resin it is important to wear protective gloves and to avoid any contact with your skin or eyes.
Tip: in order to determine the exact amount of resin required for your job, you can fill your intended mould with water and then pour that amount into a measuring cup: the amount of hardener will then be one-third of the amount of water and the resin of course two-thirds!
Danger, BISPHENOL-A-EPICHLORHYDRINHARZE MIT DURCHSCHNITTLICHEM MOLEKULARGEWICHT <= 700 = 50 <= < 100 %, BISPHÉNOL-F-ÉPICHLORHYDRINE, RÉSINE ÉPOXYDIQUES (POIDS MOLÉCULAIRE MOYEN < 700) = 25 <= < 50 %, C13/C15-ALKYLGLYCIDULETHE = 10 <= < 25 %, TOLUÈNE-4-SULFONATE DE MÉTHYLE = 2,5 <= < 10 %, (VOC-Gehalt = 0,0 %), TRUC = 50 <= < 100 %, ALKYLETHER POLYAMINES = = 10 <= < 25 %, Reizwirkung auf die Haut, Kategorie 2 (Skin Irrit. 2), Augenreizung, Kategorie 2 (Eye Irrit. 2), Sensibilisierung der Haut, Kategorie 1 (Skin Sens. 1), Chronisch gewässergefährdend, Kategorie 2 (Aquatic Chronic 2), Akuter oraler Toxizität, Kategorie 4 (Acute Tox. 4), Akuter dermaler Toxizität, Kategorie 4 (Acute Tox. 4), Ätz- auf die Haut, Kategorie 1B (Skin Corr. 1B), Chronisch gewässergefährdend, Kategorie 3 (Aquatic Chronic 3)
- EUH205: Contains epoxy constituents. May produce an allergic reaction.
- H315: Causes skin irritation.
- H317: May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H319: Causes serious eye irritation.
- H411: Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- H302+H312: Harmful if swallowed or in contact with skin.
- H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H412: Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P101: If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102: Keep out of reach of children.
- P261: Avoid breathing dust / fume / gas / mist / vapours / spray.
- P272: Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace.
- P280: Wear protective gloves / protective clothing / eye protection / face protection.
- P321: Specific treatment (see … on this label).
- P337+P313: If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice / attention.
- P362+P364: Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
- P501: Dispose of contents / container to …
- P260: Do not breathe dust / fume / gas / mist / vapours / spray.
- P301+P330+P331: IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353: IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310: Immediately call a POISON CENTER / doctor / …
- P361+P364: Take off immediately all contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
- P405: Store locked up.