Creastone is a very pourable, non-toxic concrete casting compound that when cured produces very sturdy, grey objects. It can be used to cast figures and shapes whereby the surface of the shape will be exactly reproduced. Once cured, the material is extraordinarily break and abrasion resistant (the degree, of course, depending on wall thickness).
Cast pieces made of Creastone take well to being painted and coated. Gilding techniques are particularly successful because they achieve a high degree of coverage. We here at Modulor have found this to be true for a number of products: Pebeo Wax for Gilding, gilding paste, metal leaf and gold leaf.
The mixing ratio for Creastone is 10 parts Creastone to 1 part water (by weight). The powder should be slowly stirred into the water using a stirring stick or something similar. A very pourable compound will result, one that has a prereaction time of 15 to 20 minutes.
We recommend the use of a release agent when working with moulds made of hard plastic - this will make the demoulding process considerably easier, especially when very smooth surfaces are involved. We have achieved good results using solvent-containing release agents, both in liquid and paste form. These are transparent when dry and, if necessary, can be rubbed off. After curing, surfaces can be sanded to a smooth finish, or casting channels can be removed with sandpaper.
Really nice decorative bowls can be made using two Polystyrene ball half-spheres of different sizes. You fill the large one with the compound and then push the small one into the mass to produce the depth of the bowl. A good way to counteract against the buoyancy of the smaller bowl is to fill it with modelling sand. The interior of the newly shaped bowl can be covered with, for example, metal leaf to give it a really sophisticated look!
Danger, Quarz = > 10 – ≤ 25%, Portlandzement = > 10 – ≤ 25%, (VOC-Gehalt = 0,0 %), Eye Dam. 1, Skin Irrit. 2
- H315: Causes skin irritation.
- H318: Causes serious eye damage. (not needed beside H314)
- P101: If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102: Keep out of reach of children.
- P264: Wash … thoroughly after handling.
- P280: Wear protective gloves / protective clothing / eye protection / face protection.
- P302+P352: IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water / …
- P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310: Immediately call a POISON CENTER / doctor / …
- P332+P313: If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice / attention.