- Price - lowest first
- Price - highest first
- 7 VariantsJapanese origami paper, hand printedfrom 5,90 €machine-made paper (Katazome is handmade), one side with different coloured patterns which are silk-screened by hand, reverse side is monochromatic, smooth/rough, packed in foil
- 4 VariantsOrigami Carta Varese folding sheetsfrom 7,40 €chamois coloured paper, highly light resistant, one side printed with coloured patterns, reverse side is cream white, smooth, 100 g/m², various motifs and colours, sheets come with package band
- Origami folding watercolour paperfrom 5,50 €white watercolour paper, waterproof, buoyant, can be written and painted on, coarse, 65 g/m², 20 sheets, comes in foil packaging
- Origami folding wood paperfrom 3,30 €Material: white paper, Colour: one side with printed coloured patterns/one side white, Surface: smooth, Paper grammage: 70 g/m²
- Japanese origami paper Shiramine Washifrom 7,40 €Material: white paper, one side with silk threads, Surface: rough, Paper grammage: 80 g/m², Contents: 32 sheets
- 2 VariantsFolding paper sheets, roundfrom 2,20 €coated paper; colours: yellow, orange, red, pink, light blue, dark blue, light green, dark green, brown, black, comes in film packaging
- 2 VariantsOrigami folding glassine paperfrom 4,90 €translucent, solid coloured, glossy (heavily satined), 40 g/m², comes packed in foil
- 3 VariantsOrigami folding paper, solid colouredfrom 2,00 €intensive colours, colour dipped, the colours will run when wet, glossy, approx. 60 g/m², comes packed in foil
- 2 VariantsOrigami folding paper, printed on one sidefrom 4,10 €one side is colour printed, reverse side is white, glossy, 80 g/m² (96 sheets) or app. 60 g/m² (65 sheets), comes packed in foil
- Origami folding paper, mix of decorative shapesfrom 3,90 €white paper, one side printed with coloured pattern, other side is white, smooth, 70 g/m², 4 different motifs, total of 24 sheets (6 per motif), comes in film packaging
- Origami folding metal paperfrom 5,90 €coloured paper, one side printed with metallic patterns/other side is only coloured, smooth, 80 g/m², 8 different colours, total of 24 sheets (3 of each motif), comes in film packaging
- Origami folding rainbow-coloured paperfrom 4,90 €white paper, one side printed with coloured pattern, other side white, smooth, 70 g/m², 3 different motifs, total of 30 sheets (10 sheets for each motif), comes in film packaging
- Origami folding duo color paperfrom 5,90 €white paper, colour printed on both sides, smooth/ribbed (laid), 70 g/m², comes in foil packaging
- 2 VariantsOrigami aluminium foil folding sheetsfrom 4,20 €aluminium covered paper, both sides with metallic colours, glossy, 90 g/m², comes packed in foil
Origami (Japanese: oru = fold and kami = paper) is the old Japanese art of folding paper in which square sheets of paper are used to create artistic three-dimensional shapes without the aid of scissors or glue. Well known traditional motifs include flowers, animals and birds mainly Tsuru (cranes) - as well as objects like Kabuto (helmets), boxes, etc.
In the middle of the 19th Century origami was discovered in Europe to be a pedagogical teaching aid at the kindergarten level (the folding of paper promotes hand-eye coordination as well as a sense of geometry and precision). Today it is not only a means of artistic expression and a leisure time activity for handicraft enthusiasts but is also used as a tool in the fields of science and technology. For example, it is through the use of origami software that airbags can be packed in automobiles in such a way that when blown up they will not rip.
Our selection of origami paper and folding sheets ranges from simple monochrome sheets for practicing to real Japanese origami paper of the best quality with traditional patterns.
Paper for the purpose of folding should be as thin as possible while at the same time firm enough that it will not lose its shape. Good quality origami paper, it should be noted, will always be cut in exact squares.