Cellulose thinner is a high quality, methanol-free thinner with which practically all known paints can be thinned if they are based on nitro, nitro-combination or chlorinated rubber. Air-dried and bakeable synthetic resin paints, epikote based two-component paints as well as air and oven dried zapon paints can also be thinned with cellulose thinner.
The thinner has a high degree of detaching force with the result that the paint can be made ready to use by adding only a small amount. A high degree of lamination strength with few coats of spray is a further consequence. It provides the paint with very good spreading attributes, a high gloss and contains only solvents that will dissolve without a trace. This thinner can of course be used as a cleaner and degreaser of metals or non-soluble plastics as well as for cleaning brushes, cylinders and tools and for removing glue residues.
The technique for transferring copies that uses acetone (see ACETONE) produces even better results if cellulose thinner is used; this thinner will even solubilize coloured magazine page print relatively well. Unfortunately, it does contain chemicals that are harmful to health and can therefore only be recommended in a limited way for use in such work. The minimum prerequisite for the work being done this way at all is good ventilation – even better would be a protective mask.
How you dye transparent paper or opaque paper in order to create designs and pictures as well as how you can dye cardboards, airplane plywood and even plastic films with PIGMENTS can be found described under the heading (left side of webpage) “Paints, Aids, Chemicals” where the sub-heading “Information about Paints, Aids, Chemicals” should be consulted (not yet in English).
Danger, KOHLENWASSERSTOFFE, C9, AROMATEN = ≥ 5 - < 10 %, BUTAN-1-OL = ≥ 1 - < 3 %, 2-METHYL-1-PROPANOL = ≥ 1 - < 3 %, ETHYLLACTAT = ≥ 1 - < 3 %, (VOC-Gehalt = 100,0 Gew-%), Aquatic Chronic 3 ; Gewässergefährdend : Kategorie 3, Asp. Tox. 1 ; Aspirationsgefahr : Kategorie 1, Eye Dam. 1 ; Schwere Augenschädigung/-reizung : Kategorie 1, Skin Irrit. 2 ; Ätz-/Reizwirkung auf die Haut : Kategorie 2, Flam. Liq. 2 ; Entzündbare Flüssigkeiten : Kategorie 2, STOT SE 3 ; Spezifische Zielorgan-Toxizität bei einmaliger Exposition : Kategorie 3
- EUH066: Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking.
- H225: Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H304: May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
- H315: Causes skin irritation.
- H318: Causes serious eye damage. (not needed beside H314)
- H335: May cause respiratory irritation.
- H336: May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H412: Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P101: If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102: Keep out of reach of children.
- P280: Wear protective gloves / protective clothing / eye protection / face protection.
- P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P405: Store locked up.
- P501: Dispose of contents / container to …