Both of these sprays, the Filler and the Styrofoam Primer, are, on the one hand, white paints and, on the other, primers that can be painted over. There are many reasons for applying a primer to a surface:
- The substrate is sensitive to solvents (for example, Styropor rigid foam) - in this case the primer acts as a protective coat and barrier layer.
- The substrate is rather dark and you want to apply a light coloured paint like orange or yellow - in this case the primer acts to improve the efficacy of the paint. This includes the special effect of, for example, the Urban Fine-Art Phosphor(escent) spray paint.
- You need to optimize the adherence and durability of a paint on a substrate (like metal): The primer (in this case the "Filler") ensures excellent adherence to metals; the subsequent coat of paint makes an excellent bond with the primer.
- You want to improve the evenness and homogeneity of the intended surface because it is uneven or lightly scratched.
Styrofoam Primer: The Styropor Primer is a highly pigmented special quality paint for preparing sensitive surfaces for painting; these include Styrofoam and polystyrene - but also wood, terracota, stone and other absorbent surfaces. It can also be employed as a surface sealant or insultion coating. The best results are achieved by applying a number of thin coats with five minute intervals.
Filler: The Urban Fine-Art Filler is a strongly adhesive primer for use on many different surfaces - for example, Styrofoam. Because of its somewhat high degree of viscosity it can be well used for filling scratches and cracks or pores. The primer can, when required, be sanded after five minutes drying time and, after being cleaned, can be painted over (use 600 grit wet sanding paper). As with the Styrofoam Primer, applying a number of thin coats with five minute intervals will achieve the best results.
Danger, Butan (<0,1% 1,3, Butadien) = 25 - < 50 %, Aceton = 10 - < 25 %, n-Butylacetat = 10 - < 25 %, Propan = 5 - < 10 %, 2-Methoxy-1-methylethylacetat = 1 - < 2,5 %, Xylol (Isomerengemisch) = 1 - < 2,5 %, Naphtha (Erdöl), mit Wasserstoff behandelte leichte = 10 - < 25 %, Butan (<0,1% 1,3, Butadien) = 10 - < 25 %, Dimethylether = 10 - < 25 %, Propan = 10 - < 25 %, Kohlenwasserstoffe, C9-C10, n-Alkane, Isoalkane, Cycloalkane, <2% Aromaten = 10 - < 25 %, Bariumsulfat = 1 - < 2,5 %, Aerosol 1, Eye Irrit. 2, STOT SE 3, Skin Irrit. 2, Asp. Tox. 1, Aquatic Chronic 3
- H222+H229: Extrem entzündbares Aerosol. Behälter steht unter Druck: kann bei Erwärmung bersten.
- H319: Causes serious eye irritation.
- H336: May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H315: Causes skin irritation.
- H412: Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P101: If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102: Keep out of reach of children.
- P103: Read label before use.
- P210: Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P211: Do not spray on an open flame or other ignition source.
- P251: Do not pierce or burn, aven after use.
- P261: Avoid breathing dust / fume / gas / mist / vapours / spray.
- P271: Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P312: Call a POISON CENTER / doctor / … if you feel unwell.
- P337+P313: If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice / attention.
- P410+P412: Protect from sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C / 122°F.
- P501: Dispose of contents / container to …
- P273: Avoid release to the environment.
- P302+P352: IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water / …
- P332+P313: If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice / attention.