- Price - lowest first
- Price - highest first
- 7 VariantsCarta giapponese per origami, stampata a manofrom 5,90 €machine-made paper (Katazome is handmade), one side with different coloured patterns which are silk-screened by hand, reverse side is monochromatic, smooth/rough, packed in foil
- 4 VariantsFogli pieghevoli di carta Varese per origamifrom 7,40 €chamois coloured paper, highly light resistant, one side printed with coloured patterns, reverse side is cream white, smooth, 100 g/m², various motifs and colours, sheets come with package band
- Fogli pieghevoli carta di legno per origamifrom 3,30 €Material: white paper, Colour: one side with printed coloured patterns/one side white, Surface: smooth, Paper grammage: 70 g/m²
- 2 VariantsFogli pieghevoli di carta pergamina per origamifrom 4,90 €translucent, solid coloured, glossy (heavily satined), 40 g/m², comes packed in foil
- Carta giapponese origami Shiramine Washi, biancafrom 7,40 €Material: white paper, one side with silk threads, Surface: rough, Paper grammage: 80 g/m², Contents: 32 sheets
- Fogli pieghevoli carta acquerello per origamifrom 5,50 €white watercolour paper, waterproof, buoyant, can be written and painted on, coarse, 65 g/m², 20 sheets, comes in foil packaging
- 2 VariantsFogli piegehvoli tondifrom 2,20 €coated paper; colours: yellow, orange, red, pink, light blue, dark blue, light green, dark green, brown, black, comes in film packaging
- 3 VariantsFogli pieghevoli per origami, colori solidifrom 2,00 €intensive colours, colour dipped, the colours will run when wet, glossy, approx. 60 g/m², comes packed in foil
- Fogli pieghevoli carta origami, forme assortitefrom 3,90 €white paper, one side printed with coloured pattern, other side is white, smooth, 70 g/m², 4 different motifs, total of 24 sheets (6 per motif), comes in film packaging
- 2 VariantsFogli pieghevoli per origami, un lato stampatofrom 4,10 €one side is colour printed, reverse side is white, glossy, 80 g/m² (96 sheets) or app. 60 g/m² (65 sheets), comes packed in foil
- Fogli pieghevoli carta metallizzata per origamifrom 5,90 €coloured paper, one side printed with metallic patterns/other side is only coloured, smooth, 80 g/m², 8 different colours, total of 24 sheets (3 of each motif), comes in film packaging
- Fogli pieghevoli carta double face per origamifrom 5,90 €white paper, colour printed on both sides, smooth/ribbed (laid), 70 g/m², comes in foil packaging
- Fogli pieghevoli carta origami colori arcobalenofrom 4,90 €white paper, one side printed with coloured pattern, other side white, smooth, 70 g/m², 3 different motifs, total of 30 sheets (10 sheets for each motif), comes in film packaging
- 2 VariantsFogli pieghevoli di carta d'alluminio per origamifrom 4,20 €aluminium covered paper, both sides with metallic colours, glossy, 90 g/m², comes packed in foil
Origami (Japanese: oru = fold and kami = paper) is the old Japanese art of folding paper in which square sheets of paper are used to create artistic three-dimensional shapes without the aid of scissors or glue. Well known traditional motifs include flowers, animals and birds mainly Tsuru (cranes) - as well as objects like Kabuto (helmets), boxes, etc.
In the middle of the 19th Century origami was discovered in Europe to be a pedagogical teaching aid at the kindergarten level (the folding of paper promotes hand-eye coordination as well as a sense of geometry and precision). Today it is not only a means of artistic expression and a leisure time activity for handicraft enthusiasts but is also used as a tool in the fields of science and technology. For example, it is through the use of origami software that airbags can be packed in automobiles in such a way that when blown up they will not rip.
Our selection of origami paper and folding sheets ranges from simple monochrome sheets for practicing to real Japanese origami paper of the best quality with traditional patterns.
Paper for the purpose of folding should be as thin as possible while at the same time firm enough that it will not lose its shape. Good quality origami paper, it should be noted, will always be cut in exact squares.