Grupo de color
- Price - lowest first
- Price - highest first
- 2 VariantsMasa de moldeado universal de alginatofrom 8,80 €quick-setting powered casting material, made from algae extracts, little mechanical stability, high viscosity (does not pour), odorless, cures to an opaque brown colour, mixing ratio of powder to water is 1:2,...
- 4 VariantsAlpa Sil EH 10:1from 10,50 €addition-crosslinked precison silicone rubber mould material, medium soft (26 - 28 Sh-A), highly elastic, good mechanical stability, low viscosity (pours well), cures to an opaque light blue colour, mixing ratio of...
- 2 VariantsPasta de látexfrom 14,60 €natural rubber based air drying single component casting material (dispersion), pre-vulcanized with ammonia, medium hard, very elastic, very high viscosity (can be brushed and troweled), cures to a opaque amber...
- 3 VariantsLeche de látexfrom 9,20 €natural rubber-based air drying single component casting material (dispersion), pre-vulcanized with ammonia (0.3%), very soft (no Sh-A data available), extremely elastic, very low viscosity, cures to a translucent...
- Látex Gedeofrom 19,00 €air-curing, one-component, natural rubber based moulding material, pasty consistency, extremely elastic, applied in 4 layers, drying time is 6 hours
- 2 VariantsKöraform K 31 100:2from 10,50 €condensation-crosslinked silicone rubber moulding material, medium soft (ca. 23 Sh-A), highly elastic, very high degree of mechanical rigidity, low-viscosity (pourable), white and opaque when cured; mixing ratio of...
- Moulding setfrom 30,50 €
- 4 VariantsNeukasil RTV 29from 11,90 €addition-crosslinked precision silicone for moulds, very soft (app. 30 Sh-00), highly elastic, high mechanical stability, very low viscosity (good pourability), when cured the material is opaque white, mixing ratio...
- 4 VariantsNeukasil RTV 22 Ffrom 52,80 €Shore hardness: soft, ca. 22 Sh-A, Colour: opaque beige-red when hardened, Mixing ration A to B components: 1:1, Pot life: ca. 5 minutes
- 2 VariantsPasta de silicona para moldear Gedeo Siligumfrom 14,00 €quick setting two-component silicone moulding paste for making casting moulds for small and flat objects using plaster, casting resin, wax, etc., very pasty consistency (kneadable), light blue appearance, mixing ratio...
- 2 VariantsAlpa Sil V 66 1:1from 33,00 €addition-crosslinked precison casting silicone, medium hard (25 Sh-A), highly elastic, good mechanical stability, very high viscosity (can be brushed and troweled), cures to an opaque green colour, mixing ratio of...
- 4 VariantsProtosil RTV 245 siliconefrom 11,90 €addition-crosslinked precision silicone for moulds, medium hard (app. 42 Sh-A), highly elastic, very high degree of stability, high viscosity (limited pourability), when cured the material is transparent, mixing...
- Aceite de silicona V50from 9,90 €polydimethyl siloxane, low viscosity (50 mPa), colourless, density is 0.95 g/cm³
- 2 VariantsKöraform A 50 T 10:1from 14,90 €addition-crosslinked precison casting silicone that is temperature-resistant (short term up to 250 °C), medium hard (approx. 43 Sh-A), highly elastic, good mechanical stability, low viscosity (pours well), cures to...
- Polvo de talcofrom 2,20 €white
- 7 VariantsPigmentos para siliconasfrom 18,50 €highly concentrated pigment paste for colouring silicone casting material, non-poisonous
- 2 VariantsAlpa Megaplast 1:1from 16,90 €addition-crosslinked precison casting silicone, medium hard (approx. 35 Sh-A), elastic, relatively little mechanical stability, very high viscosity (pasty, kneadable), cures to an opaque skin colour, mixing ratio of...
- Alpa Tix Afrom 22,20 €thixotropic agent for addition-crosslinked RTV-2 silicone (yellowish liquid), dosage is 0.2% of the whole amount, density at 23 °C is 1.03 g/cm³, viscosity is approx. 1.500 mPa, shelf life with proper storage is at...
- Air-cured mould making compoundfrom 5,70 €Product description: very soft and exact mould making compound, Attributes: air-drying, Colour: skin colour (caucasian)
- 5 VariantsSet para modelar Gedeofrom 21,90 €various set for casting and moulding projects
- Alpa Tix Cfrom 21,80 €thixotropic agent for condensation-crosslinked RTV-2 silicone (yellow-orange liquid), dosage is 2 % of the whole amount, density at 23 °C is 1.04 g/cm³, viscosity is approx. 150 mPa, shelf life with proper storage...
In order to reproduce objects – for example, sculptures, models, surface textures or body parts – a mould must be made from the so-called “master pattern”. Elastic materials are the most suitable for making these moulds. We have assembled a list of them under the heading “Moulding materials” which can be found under the category “Modelling, Moulding, Casting”. They are:
• RTV 2 mould silicone rubber
• elastic polyurethane resin
• Latex milk
The following tables can provide you with an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of the various moulding materials.
Comparison of elastic moulding materials
RTV 2 mould silicone
Elastic PUR resin
|Number of components||two||two||one||one + water|
|Time and effort required||very little||very little||very much||very very little|
|Linear shrinkage||very little||very little||very much||very very little4)|
|Risk of inhibition||yes||no||no||no|
|Shelf life of the components (minimum)||6 to 12 months||12 months||24 months||no information|
|Toxicological/hazard info||as a rule, hazardous label NOT required2)||as a rule, hazardous label required||
hazardous label NOT required
hazardous label NOT required
|Attributes when cured|
|Time before first use of the mould||1 day to 1 week||approx. 4 days||approx. 3 days||approx. 20 minutes|
|Heat resistance||high||as a rule low||low||very low|
|Service life of the mould||medium to long1)||long||short||very short|
|Intended uses||flexible and block moulds for all pouring materials||flexible and block moulds for all pouring materials||flexible moulds for non-aggressive pouring materials||body casts without extensive quality demands|
All the information refers primarily to the materials on offer at Modulor.
1) depending on the type of crosslink
2) Some hardeners require a hazardous label
3) at room temperature (annealing possible if applicable)
4) As long as pouring takes place within 20 minutes of making the mould
The listed materials can of course be used for other purposes – for example, silicone is used to make temperature resistant seals, elastic polyurethane to make foams and latex to make examination gloves.
Then again, hard, elastic materials like plaster are often used to make casts of objects. As a rule, very intricate moulds must be made for this work (see also the entry “Undercuts” in the “Small Lexicon” in the chapter “Silicone”).