Glow-in-the-dark paint “stores” light and then dispenses it again in the dark; in other words, this paint, eh, glows in the dark, giving off a toxic looking yellow-green colour. This type of phosphorescent pigmented paint is often used to illuminate light switches, fittings, stairs, emergency escape routes or dangerously protruding edges in the dark. It also has more fun applications like, for instance, as a way to create a shining night sky over a child’s bed. The glowing effect will last in the dark for a number of hours depending on the intensity of the light the paint was exposed to during the day. Eventually it will become dark or will lose its effectiveness due to the reappearance of daylight!
But let’s get back to the facts: This paint is only conditionally waterproof and is fade-resistant and UV resistant. CLEAR VARNISH can be applied over it in order to improve these characteristics along with providing a protective coat for your application, serving to prevent it from being rubbed away mechanically. Almost all light-coloured wood, metal, cardboard, stone or plastic surfaces can serve as substrates; treating a surface beforehand with DUPLI COLOR PRIMER will enhance the glow-in-the-dark effect. In the case of the above mentioned primer, we recommend preliminary tests to determine compatibility of your surface with the solvent content - you do not even need to think about testing polystyrene because it is definitely NOT compatible as is also true of PP, PE, POM and silicone (because of their low-energy surfaces the spray primer will not adhere to them).
The contents of the spray can (150 ml) are enough to cover approximately 0.2 to 0.4 m2 depending, of course, on the condition of the surface and the thickness of the eventual layer applied.
Danger, Propan = 12,5 - < 20 %, n-Butylacetat = 12,5 - < 20 %, Butan (< 0,1% Butadien (203-450-8)) = 12,5 - < 20 %, Aceton = 5 - < 10 %, 2-Methoxy-1-methylethylacetat = 5 - < 10 %, Isobutan (enthält < 0,1% Butadien (203-450-8)) = 5 - < 10 %, Kohlenwasserstoffe, C6-7 = 2,5 - < 5,0 %, Kohlenwasserstoffe, C7-9 = 2,5 - < 5,0 %, Cyclohexan = 2,5 - < 5,0 %, Butanol = < 2,5 %, n-Hexan = ≤ 0,5%, 1-Ethylpyrrolidin-2-on = ≤ 0,5%, Methacrylsäure = ≤ 0,5%, n-Butyl-methacrylat = ≤ 0,5%, (VOC-Gehalt/Wert = 79,63 % / 604,2 g/l), Aerosol 1, Aquatic Chronic 2, Eye Irrit. 2, STOT SE 3
- EUH066: Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking.
- H222+H229: Extrem entzündbares Aerosol. Behälter steht unter Druck: kann bei Erwärmung bersten.
- H319: Causes serious eye irritation.
- H336: May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H411: Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P101: If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102: Keep out of reach of children.
- P210: Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P211: Do not spray on an open flame or other ignition source.
- P251: Do not pierce or burn, aven after use.
- P260: Do not breathe dust / fume / gas / mist / vapours / spray.
- P410+P412: Protect from sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C / 122°F.
- P501: Dispose of contents / container to …